Brake Service Advice
Columbine Ford Brake Service in North Rifle
Your vehicle’s brakes
When you press your brake pedal, a complex system goes into motion to help keep you and your passengers safe. That’s why it’s so important to have highly skilled technicians service your brakes. At Columbine Ford, we have the right parts, tools and certified-trained technicians to take care of your every need.
How can I tell if my brakes need servicing?
The brake system is one of the most important safety mechanisms in your vehicle. It is necessary to have it inspected regularly — a minimum of every six months or roughly every 6,000 miles — to ensure proper performance.
Here are some common signs that your brake system needs servicing:
• Brakes feel spongy or hard to press down
• Squealing or grinding noises
• Your car pulls to one side
• Your steering wheel or brake pedal shakes when applying the brake
• Your Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) warning lights come on
Why should I choose Columbine Ford for brake repair?
Our factory-trained technicians offer a comprehensive brake inspection including:
• Checking for even wear and measuring brake pad/shoe thickness
• Ensuring brake lines and master and wheel cylinders aren’t leaking
• Checking rotors for hot spots and run-outs
• Inspecting calipers for wear, fluid leaks and movement
• Checking anti-lock brake sensors
• Testing hardware and making necessary adjustments
• Checking brake fluid condition and levels
Other benefits of Columbine Ford brake services include:
• Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts
• Full-service maintenance and repair facility
• Parts and labor warranties
• Clean, comfortable waiting areas with free Wi-Fi
• Friendly and knowledgeable staff