What Is The Towing Capacity Of A Ford F-150?
If you need a hard-working pickup truck that can deliver the robust performance required for your Glenwood Springs job site, you’ll want to take a look at the 2020 Ford F-150. With impressive specs across all of the available F-150 configurations, and a best-in-class maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds, this truck is ready for anything you throw its way. Learn more about the Ford F-150 towing capability in this guide from Columbine Ford.
2020 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity Specs
Not only are there seven new Ford F-150 trim levels to choose from, but five powerful and efficient engines available as well. The payload and towing capacity vary depending on which configuration you choose. Explore the 2019 Ford F-150 towing capacity by engine:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 7,700 pounds
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 8,500 pounds
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 11,600 pounds
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 11,500 pounds
- High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 11,100 pounds
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Max towing capacity of 13,200 pounds
2020 Ford F-150 Towing Tips
Whether you’re towing equipment or supplies to your work site in Grand Junction, or hauling a boat or travel trailer out to Rifle Gap State Park, these towing tips from the experts in our Service Center will help ensure that your towing experience is a successful one:
- Make sure that your tires are properly inflated.
- Secure items you’re towing firmly in place.
- Keep extra distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you.
- Allow for extra clearance when passing another vehicle.
- Merge carefully while towing.
- Take advantage of these Ford F-150 smart towing features:
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- 8-inch productivity screen provides trailer information
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- BLIS® blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
Get Best-in-Class Towing With the 2020 Ford F-150
Along with the best-in-class Ford F-150 towing capacity, Craig-area drivers will also enjoy a best-in-class payload capacity of 3,270 pounds when equipped with the 5.0L V8 engine. Check out our Ford F-150 vs. Chevy Silverado comparison, then explore our new F-150 inventory online. Make sure to take a look at our new vehicle specials and current offers and incentives to take advantage of our money-saving deals. Are you ready to experience all that a new Ford F-150 has to offer you? Come to our Ford dealership in Rifle today! If you have any questions, are interested in exploring the Ford Explorer SUV towing capabilities, or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
More from Columbine Ford
Have you heard about everything the new 2021 Ford F-150 is capable of? During the winter storm that knocked out power all across Texas for three-plus days, one man used his new 2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid with Pro Power onboard to power his home. The truck gave him some light, T.V. access, a little bit…
Winter is right around the corner. Are you and your vehicle ready for the change in driving conditions? It is never too early (or too late) in the season to start thinking about winter tires. Curtis Szymanski, Quick Lane Manager at Columbine Ford, says that he “starts encouraging drivers to think about snow tires in…
Choosing the Best Car, Truck or SUV for Your Teen Driver It’s an exciting time when your teen receives their driver’s license. For you, this means no more dropping them off at school, sports, or at their friend’s houses. But this can also be a scary time as the crash rate for 16-19 year-olds…