What Is The Towing Capacity Of A Ford F-150?
If you need a hard-working pickup truck that can deliver the robust performance required for your Glenwood Springs job site, you’ll want to take a look at the 2020 Ford F-150. With impressive specs across all of the available F-150 configurations, and a best-in-class maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds, this truck is ready for anything you throw its way. Learn more about the Ford F-150 towing capability in this guide from Columbine Ford.
2020 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity Specs
Not only are there seven new Ford F-150 trim levels to choose from, but five powerful and efficient engines available as well. The payload and towing capacity vary depending on which configuration you choose. Explore the 2019 Ford F-150 towing capacity by engine:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 7,700 pounds
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 8,500 pounds
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 11,600 pounds
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 11,500 pounds
- High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 11,100 pounds
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Max towing capacity of 13,200 pounds
2020 Ford F-150 Towing Tips
Whether you’re towing equipment or supplies to your work site in Grand Junction, or hauling a boat or travel trailer out to Rifle Gap State Park, these towing tips from the experts in our Service Center will help ensure that your towing experience is a successful one:
- Make sure that your tires are properly inflated.
- Secure items you’re towing firmly in place.
- Keep extra distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you.
- Allow for extra clearance when passing another vehicle.
- Merge carefully while towing.
- Take advantage of these Ford F-150 smart towing features:
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- 8-inch productivity screen provides trailer information
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- BLIS® blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
Get Best-in-Class Towing With the 2020 Ford F-150
Along with the best-in-class Ford F-150 towing capacity, Craig-area drivers will also enjoy a best-in-class payload capacity of 3,270 pounds when equipped with the 5.0L V8 engine. Check out our Ford F-150 vs. Chevy Silverado comparison, then explore our new F-150 inventory online. Make sure to take a look at our new vehicle specials and current offers and incentives to take advantage of our money-saving deals. Are you ready to experience all that a new Ford F-150 has to offer you? Come to our Ford dealership in Rifle today! If you have any questions, are interested in exploring the Ford Explorer SUV towing capabilities, or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
More from Columbine Ford
Columbine Ford has partnered with the Rifle Animal Shelter to bring awareness to the plight of homeless animals in our community. This month Columbine Ford will be fostering a dog every Thursday from the shelter and you are invited to come down and do a meet and greet. That is not all that we are…
For an SUV that can comfortably fit your entire family and tow heavy loads, you can’t go wrong with the 2020 Ford Explorer. How much can a Ford Explorer tow, exactly? Up to 5,600 pounds when properly equipped! Combine the Ford Explorer towing capacity with seating for seven people and plenty of space for cargo,…
It’s never too late to think about buying winter tires. “We do encourage you to start thinking about purchasing winter tires in October,” said Curtis Szymanski, Quick Lane Manager at Columbine Ford. “But even if you delay making the purchase, being late is better than never.” Many drivers assume that regular all-season tires are just…